- Wisconsin hospital reports spike in lung damage with young patients likely linked to vapingA children’s hospital in Wisconsin is sounding the alarm after treating a surge of young patients with serious breathing problems — likely caused by vaping. The number of high schoolers using e-cigarettes jumped by nearly 80 percent last year. Dean Reynolds reports.CBS News
- You should probably avoid 'Celebrity Diets'Whether it's Beyonce's cayenne pepper juice cleanse or the Keto diet, you should think twice before following diet trends. Buzz60's Taisha Henry has the story.Buzz60
- How caffeine may help (and cause) MigrainesNew study finds max amount of caffeine we should drink to avoid headaches. Buzz60’s Elitsa Bizios reports.Buzz60
Amber Rose Reveals She’s Experiencing Hard 2nd Pregnancy, Can Barely Leave HouseThe Blast3:02
Wisconsin hospital reports spike in lung damage with young patients likely linked to vapingCBS News2:01
You should probably avoid 'Celebrity Diets'Buzz601:14
How caffeine may help (and cause) MigrainesBuzz600:48
1-in-300 people has this peculiar sleep conditionBuzz601:05
Strategies to stay up lateBuzz601:02
Denise Richards reveals she's totally changed her diet after 'RHOBH' fans noticed health issueETonline1:26
Truth vs. fiction in hospital shows: Dr. Mike weighs inTODAY4:57
Braces hurt so much because they are dissolving your jawboneBusiness Insider3:03
Doctors remove over 500 teeth from boy's mouthInside Edition1:09
Mom meets baby girl who received son's heart in lifesaving transplantInside Edition1:31
Doctors kept telling me I had PMS — but it turned out to be brain cancerHealth3:33
How this mom went from 'super broke' to Kim Kardashian's trainerCNBC4:39
Deadly mosquito-borne virus that causes brain swelling detected in FloridaABC News0:34
Calorie counters on treadmills and ellipticals aren't as accurate as you may thinkBusiness Insider4:00
Ways to make it through a panic attackSELF4:02
- Model Amber Rose is pregnant with her second child, and is not having an easy pregnancy.
- According to a new Instagram video, Amber is suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is extreme nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, and is different from typical morning sickness.
Model Amber Rose is expecting Baby number two-but according to her newest Instagram post, pregnancy hasn't been easy on her body.
In series of Instagram videos posted last night, Amber, 35, says she's suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)-just as she did for her first pregnancy with son Sebastian, now 6.
Amber explains HG as "basically extreme nausea, vomiting, and dehydration." She added, "I'm really, really tired. I can eat a little bit more now because I'm in my second trimester, but not much, and I pretty much sleep all day."
A post shared by Amber Rose (@amberrose) on May 27, 2019 at 6:55pm PDT
What exactly is hyperemesis gravidarum again?
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), Hyperemesis gravidarum is extreme, persistent nausea and vomiting during pregnancy-and it's different than typical morning sickness that can often occur in early pregnancy. (Also: You might recognize the condition because it's the same one Amy Schumer had, and that Kate Middleton suffered from throughout all three of her pregnancies).
Per the NLM, HG affects between 0.5%-2% of all pregnant women, and prompts 192,000 hospital visits annually. And, while HG can happen during any pregnancy, the NLM says it's more common in pregnancies with multiple babies, or in women who have something called a hydratidiform mole (a rare mass or growth that forms inside the uterus at the beginning of pregnancy). Women who have had HG before or are prone to motion sickness also have a higher risk of having HG.
Basically, it makes pregnancy suck big time-and Amber agrees: "It's really, really hard being pregnant, I'm not gonna lie."
But ultimately, Amber believes it's all worth it. "To all the women out there who pop out babies like it's nothing, god bless you guys, 'cause it is just a lot," she said. "I want to be out, I want to be cute, I want to show off my belly, but I just can't get off this couch. I'm tired, and I just want to barf all day, it's just not fun. But it's totally worth it."